MS Access to MS SQL Web App Conversion
Custom software development services to convert MS Access to MS SQL-based web application
Migrate to a modern, scalable, and remotely accessible web application
How we can help
- Assessment of your existing MS Access application, its functions, benefits and limitations.
- Review of the pros and cons and return on investment of migrating away from MS Access
- MS Access to MS SQL software conversions/updates/replacements
Improvements seen by moving from MS Access to MS SQL-based web app
- Reduce remote user access hurdles (removes VPN, Remote Desktop).
- Reduce issues that can arise from running an MS Access application in a non-homogenous computing environment. (Different version of Windows and Office, Macs and PCs etc), such as reference conflicts and out dated libraries.
- Scalability – MS Access is not designed for enterprise-level applications or large amounts of data. It has a file size limitation of 2GB. MS SQL is designed for significantly larger applications.
- As an MS Office-based desktop application, MS Access cannot always leverage features many users have grown accustomed to with modern Web applications (e.g. friendlier user interface, mobile responsiveness).
- Microsoft Silver Partner – Microsoft App integration Competency | Microsoft Application Development Competency
- Solid understanding of MS Access capabilities and limitations
- Advanced custom web app development
- Portal development – customer portals, mobile technician portals, department portals, production portals
- Dashboard development – management dashboards, internal communication dashboards
- Business Intelligence – e.g. KPIs, interactive widgets, employee progress tracking, critical goal tracking, live charts & graphs
- Enhanced UI (User Interface) design
- 3rd party software integration – accounting, ERP, communication (text chat, video, email), payment fulfillment, CRM, marketing software, e-signature
Want to convert your old Access-based application?