MS Access to MS SQL Web App Conversion
Custom software development services
to convert MS Access to MS SQL-based web application
How we can help
- Assessment of your existing MS Access application, its functions, benefits and limitations.
- Review of the pros and cons and return on investment of migrating away from MS Access
- MS Access to MS SQL software conversions/updates/replacements
Improvements seen by moving from MS Access to MS SQL-based web app
- Reduce remote user access hurdles (removes VPN, Remote Desktop).
- Reduce issues that can arise from running an MS Access application in a non-homogenous computing environment. (Different version of Windows and Office, Macs and PCs etc), such as reference conflicts and out dated libraries.
- Scalability – MS Access is not designed for enterprise-level applications or large amounts of data. It has a file size limitation of 2GB. MS SQL is designed for significantly larger applications.
- As an MS Office-based desktop application, MS Access cannot always leverage features many users have grown accustomed to with modern Web applications (e.g. friendlier user interface, mobile responsiveness).
- Solid understanding of MS Access capabilities and limitations
- Advanced custom web app development
- Portal development – customer portals, mobile technician portals, department portals, production portals
- Dashboard development – management dashboards, internal communication dashboards
- Business Intelligence – e.g. KPIs, interactive widgets, employee progress tracking, critical goal tracking, live charts & graphs
- Enhanced UI (User Interface) design
- 3rd party software integration – accounting, ERP, communication (text chat, video, email), payment fulfillment, CRM, marketing software, e-signature
Pros and Cons of Access
Trying to decide whether or not it makes sense to switch from Access or not?
There are scenarios where it makes sense to stick with Access.
Check out this article:
MS Access Conversion Case Studies
Want to convert your old Access-based application?