Custom Business Process Automation Software – Time Tracking and Reporting
- Labor reduction
- Error reduction
- Accessibility improvements
- Business insights
Client – Not-for-profit organization – behavioral health / social work
Our client delivers behavioral health services throughout the state and relies heavily on an online EHR application to manage their Electronic Health Records. The EHR system tracked clinical and consumer contact time information but did not track non consumer contact time records, leaving gaps in staff time accounting.
To address this gap the client used a legacy application to collect and report on both consumer contact and non-contact time. The old application generated the reports needed but was not accessible to the staff in the field. As a result each region had their own approach to tracking this information with varying degrees of success. Staff recorded their time information in various ways and submitted that data to an administrative staffer who would transfer the data into the legacy platform to generate the necessary reporting. Additionally no sync existed between the EHR and the time tracking system so time was at times double recorded and at times missing. The lack of consistency in the data between the two systems and the increased possibility of transposition errors were problematic considering this information (1) helped them evaluate staff efficiency and (2) needed to be submitted to the state for contractual obligations.
Over time the legacy application exhausted the limitations of MS Access and performance became an issue.
We developed custom BPA (Business Process Automation) software that interfaces with a web-based behavioral health EHR system to track time for in-field social workers in a user-friendly web application. The software also allows for additional time recording, which gets consolidated into internal staff efficiency reporting as well as generates reports to meet state reporting requirements.
Results / Outcomes
- Labor reduction – Eliminated the need for data re-entry from one system into another
- Business insights – Provided improved reporting and visual aids to demonstrate performance
- Accessibility – Data was readily available from anywhere with an internet connection
- Reduction in errors – ensured all data from the EHR was accounted for and held staff accountable to their time requirements to ensure accurate time records
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Process Improvement Assessment
- Business Process Automation (BPA) software development
- Legacy software modernization
- Legacy software support
- Legacy software assessment
- Web App Development
- Software Integration
- Business Intelligence
- Web Portal Development
- Data accessibility – Staff were now able to log their time and review their upcoming and past schedules in real-time from any mobile device.
- Disjoined data- From a reporting point of view the complete set of data was now in the new system which used an advanced import algorithm to connect related data, minimizing duplication where possible.
- Mobile interface
- Cloud migration
- Cloud-based application development
The software has two main components: the web application and the EHR Import application.
This is a mobile-responsive web application that provides in-field staff the ability to:
- schedule appointments,
- log time,
- review performance metrics,
- alerts to problems (missing time for a day, missing time for an appointment, etc).
It allows supervisors:
- to easily track their team’s performance.
- view their historic and estimated future billable time (they’re able to bill Medicaid for certain services)
- and review staff efficiency.
EHR Import Application
The system imports data from the EHR and accurately relates the time entry to the proper staff, service, program and contract to avoid the need for manual data re-entry.
- 3rd party software integration
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk for web app deployment / hosting
- Crystal Reports – Automated Report Generation
- Staff and Supervisor email alerting for time anomalies (missing or duplicate time entries)
Need custom software?