Business Process Improvement
Here are the steps we take to assess the current state of your processes and make a recommendation for how custom BPI software can help:
- Current processes & applications review
- Current process observation and evaluation
- Analysis & Scope of Work development
Current processes & applications review
We review your current processes and applications:
- the systems you use,
- the obstacles your staff face and
- what improvements you’re looking for in an application.
Current process observation and evaluation
Our team meets with your key employees (in person if needed) to observe the ins-and-outs of your day-to-day operations, and take note of opportunities for improved efficiency.
We’ll review your current process with an eye for aspects that are ripe for improvement. A few examples:
- Copy and pasting.
- Dependency on paper or Excel.
- Requiring a user to catch a problem rather than the system alerting users.
- Extra steps in a process due to insufficient or inaccessible data.
We ask a LOT of questions to help us understand why the steps are being done and how the processes got to where they are. We’ll ask you things like:
- Why is this step / process needed? What benefit does it provide?
- If system X had this information, or did Y, would that eliminate the need for this step?
- How do you identify that a problem exists? Do you have to find it? Calculate it? Or are you alerted?
Analysis & Scope of Work Development
We use the information we’ve gathered to assess your current state and develop a scope of work for the project.
We look to reduce or eliminate obstacles and inefficiencies your team is struggling with, by:
- Determining whether the current software should be updated, extended, or replaced
- Exploring opportunities for system integration
- Identifying opportunities for process automation